In recent years, the pace of software development has increased tremendously. Consumers not only expect fast updates and releases, they also expect high quality along with that speed.
This has put a great amount of pressure on development and QA teams to release faster and more frequently, forcing them to adapt and become more agile in their approaches. With the economic downturn that has followed the Corona Crisis, this pressure has only increased.
Regression testing is a core part of QA and is used to ensure that software can be released without bugs.
For many QA teams, however, limited resources mean regression testing is overlooked, rushed or down-prioritized, creating a negative spiral of releases with bugs, poor user experiences, and unsatisfied customers, which down the road can have devastating effects on the business.
Some of the main challenges that QA teams face in connection with regression testing are time restraints, maintenance burdens and developer dependencies, which together create bottlenecks, and slow down the release cycle.
In this whitepaper, we’ll address these challenges as well as answer frequently asked questions on regression testing, in order to help your QA team get the most out of your regression testing efforts, enabling you to deliver high quality at speed.
The whitepaper covers:
- What is regression testing?
- Why automate regression testing?
- Regression testing tool evaluation: a checklist
- Building your automated regression tests: what to include
- How to find the right balance between manual and automated regression testing
- How frequently should you run your regression tests?
- Why choose a no-code automation tool for regression testing?