After downloading the latest appropriate version (32-bit or 64-bit), you install
1. The first screen will display the version number and ensure that the downloaded version fits your computer. Click “Next” to begin the installation.
2. The second window displays the End-User License Agreement, which must be carefully read and accepted before clicking “Next” to continue the installation.
3. Choose which of the three components to install on the computer. Do this by clicking the drop arrows and choosing the appropriate option for each component (Studio, Controller
4. The configuration screen contains several settings that you can modify before completing the installation:
The settings explained:
Pathto assets. This is the path to the file system folder that will store all LEAPTESTassets—including automation cases, schedules, and run results. Pathto logs. This is the path to the file system folder, which will contain all of the diagnostics logs for each of the components. Though it may never be necessary for you to examine these logs directly, LEAPTESTSupport may request these logs for analysis.
- Automation Controller port. The Automation Studio and the Controller always communicate using REST API calls, and this requires the use of a TCP port. The default is port 9000, which you can change to any other port number that is not in use by other software on your computer. NOTE: Unless it is necessary for a particular reason, we do not recommend changing either the Controller port or the Agent port numbers (see below).
- Automation Agent port. An automation case runs in the Automation Agent, which communicates with the Automation Studio and the Controller through a closed remote control protocol on a specific TCP port. The default port is 6777, which you can change to any other port number
notin use by other software on the computer.
- Automation Agent password. Because the Automation Agent uses a remote control protocol, we advise you to set a password to prevent unauthorized parties from connecting to it.
- Add exceptions for Automation Controller in Windows Firewall. A check in this box will direct the installation process to add a rule to the Windows Firewall to permit all incoming connections to the Automation Controller. NOTE: Because
LEAPTESTAutomation Suite is often used in corporate and already secure test networks, the password is optional.
- Add exceptions for Automation Agent in Windows Firewall. A check in this box will direct the installation process to add a rule to the Windows Firewall to permit all incoming connections to the Automation Agent.
- Create Studio shortcut in Start Menu. A check in this box will direct the installation process to add an Automation Studio shortcut to the Windows Start Menu. This shortcut makes it easy to find and start the application at any time.
5. When you are happy with the configuration, click “Next” to continue and then “Install” on the next screen:
If you have chosen to install the Automation Controller and Automation Agent, their services will start as the installation completes:
6. After the installation is complete, click “Finish” to exit the installer: